Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Validation as an artist
I recently sold the Mermaid fused glass piece "Oceana". It was only the second show for her and I barely had gotten her hung on the wall. Another artist bought her. Wow, I couldn't believe it! She sold for $150.00. Pricing your artwork is always so tough. You don't want to price it too low or too high. You need to be competitive but not price yourself out of a show. Oceana had been fired 3 times and many, many hours were put into placing those tiny pieces of glass for her body. The face though was the most difficult for me. The actual drawing of her face just about gave me a breakdown. I did get through it though and I had to be satisfied with the 50th redrawing of the face. Hanging her at the first show was a great accomplishment for me. I am so happy I did her and I enjoyed the process of making her, (except for the face). Selling her, being validated as a Fused Glass Artist, is something I am getting used to. Maybe Mermaids is my calling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment